|Released||January 4, 2018|
Card-Jitsu was a card game played in the Dojo, member igloos (through Card-Jitsu Mats), and formerly, the Ninja Hideout. To get there, players needed to go to the Dojo Courtyard, which was accessible via the map or the Mine Shack.
According to the Belts Legend, belts were earned faster if players used the "Earn Your Belts" mode instead of playing on a mat. The belts ranked from white belt to black belt (excluding the rank of ninja).
Once players received the cards from the Starter Deck, they had to go to a mat, or talk to Sensei and select "Earn Your Belts" (as mentioned before, this mode was recommended as you got new belts quicker). If they used a mat, they would have to wait for another player to come and play with them, which might have had taken a while. If no one came to your mat, you could switch to a busier server, or a match could also be found in under 10 seconds by speaking to Sensei on the "Earn Your Belts" mode.
The objective of the game was to beat opponents by collecting sets of winning Card-Jitsu cards. Only certain cards would beat others, via the form of Rock, Paper, Scissors.
Once players had an opponent, they would be taken to the arena, and would bow to each other. Both players had 20 seconds to choose a card. If they failed to choose a card, one would automatically be selected when the timer reached zero. Once both players had chosen a card, they were revealed. The winner kept the card to help make a set.
- Fire beats Snow
- Snow beats Water
- Water beats Fire
However, in the event of similar types of cards being played, the card with the highest number would win. If the numbers also matched, a draw would happen.
- Snow – The player's penguin hits the opponent with a snowball.
- Water – The player's penguin hits the opponent with a water balloon.
- Fire – The player's penguin squirts hot sauce at the other penguin's feet.
- Power Cards – Every Power Card had its own animation.
After playing a certain number of games, players were rewarded with a belt. When they reached black, they had to fight Sensei to earn their mask and become a ninja.
- Use logic to try to beat your opponents. For example, if a player has one Fire-type and one Snow-type card, they will probably use a water-type card so you should use a snow type card. But if the penguin who was fighting with you was a high belt penguin, they know if they chose water and you choose snow you would win. So they chose Fire-type card to defeat your snow. This way it is better to choose a water-type card.
- When fighting Sensei, you could use Fire and Water back and forth to win easier. It will not always work, but it would eventually. And if you do not have a water/fire card, you could use the same element you did last time, but you should not use snow.
- Most players of Card-Jitsu develope "special techniques" to help them win almost every game. These tactics can vary from their starter card, to the last card, or which cards to play at a difficult situation.
- Predicting your opponent's next move will help you greatly when playing Card-Jitsu. If they also predict your move, this is known as a "double-bluff", and can sometimes backfire onto you.
- Typically you have a 1 ½ chance in winning a round. These chances increase under certain circumstances.
- If you are a person with a high belt (brown, black etc.), and the person you are playing is or almost is the same belt as you, and you have two snow but no fire or water, it would be safe to pick a high snow because the other person would think you would try to trick them, so they think it would be safe to pick water.
- Most players try to win by getting a snow, fire, and water. You could try to win by getting a three-of-a-kind.
- A common method is to use 2 cards of a certain element. For example, if they have 2 fire cards, they expect you to use water. You would have to use fire. If you are the one tricking, double-fool them by using water.
- Pick high-numbered cards so if you have the same element as the opponent, you can win. But you can pick a low-numbered card when someone picks one of the three Starter Pack power cards.
- One technique is the backwards technique. This technique works when you are fighting high-belts and low. It works by picking your highest card at the time. For example, a snow card. Then you pick the card that would lose to that (water). If they are the same color, move onto the next one (fire). If it is the same color you have to keep the cycle (snow, water, fire). This sometimes works better for the belts in the middle (green, blue, red) than high belts.
How to win instructions
- See main article: Card-Jitsu Stamps
- On March 14, 2020 a new Leaderboard feature was released where penguins could battle the most and earn prizes.