This page is designed to help wiki staff create item pages. In order to successfully create pages, you must have access to the wiki chat in the Club Penguin Online Discord server and all the templates in the Club Penguin Online Wiki Discord server. If you are not a wiki staff member (and therefore don't have access to the wiki chat or the templates), please DM a wiki staff member through the Club Penguin Online Discord server.
Each item page should have 3 sections:
- Infobox and introduction sentence
- Item history table
Infobox and Introduction
- The infobox and introduction can be copied directly from the Club Penguin Online Wiki Discord server.
- Please make sure you use the correct template. This is essential as the infobox assigns categories to that page. If you use the wrong template, the page won't be put in the right category.
Eg. use the body-item template for body items, and the floor-furniture template for floor furniture items.
- All item page templates in the QB discord have a history table attached.
- Don't forget to use the toolbar at the bottom of the wiki page to use My Tools > What Links Here to see which catalogs the item is found in.
- Additional history tables for other items can be found in the Club Penguin Online Wiki discord server.
Eg. costume catalog items, party items etc.
- The gallery should be copied directly from the CP wiki.
- Generally, don't upload more than around 3-4 images. Make sure you show the different versions of the item, but don't show all the rotations of the furniture items.
- Don't forget to remove any images not relevant to Club Penguin Online.
Eg. sometimes pages will have an image showing what the item looked like in the April 2013 catalog on Club Penguin. This obviously isn't true for Club Penguin Online, so you either need to change the date of the catalog to one of our catalogs, or delete the image altogether.
Important Points to Remember
- Always make sure you are uploading FULL SIZED images. On the Club Penguin wiki, click on an image and click 'See full-sized image' before downloading!
- Make sure you use the right template.
- Update the history table using My Tools > What Links Here
- Use the video in #trial-training on the Club Penguin Online Wiki Discord server and the wiki chat on the Club Penguin Online discord as a guideline for creating pages.
- If you want to create any page that isn't an item page, you must contact a wiki staff member first.