|Released||January 4, 2018|
Hydro Hopper was a mini game in Club Penguin Online. It was accessible through the Dock.
In the game, the player rode along on an inner tube, towed by a motorboat, and had to go through the various levels. The inner tube followed the mouse in an arc, based on its horizontal position, and the player could jump by pressing the left mouse button.
In each level, a series of obstacles appeared on the screen, the player had to avoid them. Running into an obstacle tipped the player over, and the player lost a life, from a total of 3. Starting level 2, the player may gain another life by collecting white life rings, but may never have more than 3 lives left. The game ended by being tipped over without having lives left.
Whenever the player dodged an item, they received 1 point, or 10 points (20 if using a wakeboard) if they jumped over the obstacle; the only exception being gray buoys, which would tip the player over anyway if they tried to jump over it. In the end of the game, the player earned a coin for every 10 points from the total score, rounded to the nearest multiple of 10.
- Static obstacles - existed in all levels
- Moving obstacles
Messages Between Levels
Whenever completing a level, a message would appear, with a button for continuing to the next level. The messages were the following:
- Level 1 to 2: Warning: Buoys cannot be jumped!
- Level 2 to 3: Grab the life ring for an extra tube!
- Level 3 to 4: Remember: Always swim with a buddy!
- Level 4 to 5: What did the sardine call the submarine? A can of people!
- Level 5 to 6: Why did the whale cross the road? To get to the other tide!
- Level 6 to 7: What's the best way to catch a fish? Have someone throw it at you.
- Level 7 to 8: What's the difference between a fish and a piano? You can't tuna fish!
- After level 8: Good job!
Players could buy wakeboards from the Game Upgrades catalog at the Dock, which were used during game-play instead of the standard inner tube if equipped. Using a wakeboard also doubled the points gained from jumping over obstacles.