The Old Client (aka AS2) was a feature in Club Penguin Online allowing Players to choose different room designs.
Club Penguin Online was a remake of the original Club Penguin game. The original game started in 2005 and various rooms and features were added at later dates. In 2015, Club Penguin did a huge update of the game design, creating new designs for every room. Because of this, most of the rooms had an older (Old Client) and a newer (New Client) design.
Originally, Club Penguin Online could only be played in the New Client (AS3), using the newer Club Penguin room designs. However, on March 4th, 2018, Club Penguin Online introduced a feature to the game where Players could choose to play using the Old Client or New Client rooms. This feature was unique to Club Penguin Online and was never seen in another Club Penguin game. This feature allowed Players to play in their preferred rooms, while still playing on the same server and being able to interact with Players in both clients.
Rooms in the Old Client
- For rooms only available in the New Client, see New Client
There were some rooms that were available on the Old Client that could not be accessed via the New Client.
Games in the Old Client
- For games only available in the New Client, see New Client
There were some games that were available on the Old Client that could not be accessed via the New Client.
- Parties were applied to both clients, so that the decorated party rooms in the Old and New Client were the same. Undecorated rooms remained in the Old or New Client design.
- Occasionally, parties would make games available in the alternative client or remove games altogether. This was because the party featured on the original Club Penguin game before certain changes were made.
- For example, Smoothie Smash was often absent during parties since it was released later than most parties in Club Penguin's history.
- Even older room designs could be seen in the PSA Missions, although these rooms could not be accessed during normal gameplay.
- The Mature Servers could not be accessed from the Old Client. The New Client had to be used instead.